MONTHLY REPORTS - MAY 2023
Performance Insights is available in four versions, accessible from the links above.
Relief rally continues in April, despite lingering growth worries
Most stock and corporate bond markets added modestly to Q1 gains in April, as investors weighed signs of slowing global economic growth against the rising prospects of an imminent end to central-bank rate hikes. In a stark reversal from earlier trends, financials and defensive stock groups performed best, while Q1 growth winners lagged.
- Global Asset Classes – Rally hits economic crosswinds
- Global Equities – UK and Japan retake the lead; US stocks tread water
- Industry returns – Defensive swings in leadership
- Alternative Indices – REITs enjoy strong revival
- Factor performance – Low Volatility shines
- Foreign Exchange – US dollar gives mixed performance
This report provides actionable insights on global performance across asset classes, regions, currencies, industries, and styles, using proprietary month-end data from our flagship index families.
Performance Insights is part of a series of Market Maps reports, available by email as soon as they are published. Subscribe to our Market Maps reports here.
To support your investment decision-making, we produce specialist content that provides analysis and insights on a range of investment topics. Go to our hub for valuable Market Insights.