MONTHLY REPORTS - AUGUST 2023
Performance Insights is available in four versions, accessible from the links above.
Risk rally gains traction in July as global growth worries ebb
Resilient economic data (especially in the US), softening central bank hawkishness and a weaker US dollar fuelled further advances in global equity and corporate bond markets in July. Early-rally laggards, notably small-cap and emerging-market stocks, topped the charts. Financials, real estate and commodity-driven sectors outpaced defensive peers.
- Global Asset Classes – Bullish sentiment rules the day
- Global Equities – US small caps and EM back in the game
- Industry returns – Leadership takes strong cyclical turn
- Alternative Indices – REITs rebound; Environmental Opportunities rally falters
- Factor performance – (Small) Size comes out of the doldrums
- Foreign Exchange – US dollar in broad pullback
This report provides actionable insights on global performance across asset classes, regions, currencies, industries, and styles, using proprietary month-end data from our flagship index families.
Performance Insights is part of a series of Market Maps reports, available by email as soon as they are published. Subscribe to our Market Maps reports here.
To support your investment decision-making, we produce specialist content that provides analysis and insights on a range of investment topics. Go to our hub for valuable Market Insights.