The FTSE Global Equity Index Series (FTSE GEIS) targets coverage of over 99% of the global investable opportunity set, including large, mid, small, and micro cap companies across both developed and emerging markets.
This paper provides:
- A brief history of FTSE GEIS.
- An illustration of the broad coverage and modular design of FTSE GEIS.
- An explanation of how FTSE’s Country Classification process has evolved, including an introduction to its unique four-tiered approach to classifying markets.
- A step-by-step overview of the FTSE GEIS review process.
- An introduction to the FTSE Russell governance process.
- An example of how global equity markets have changed over time and how FTSE GEIS has evolved to reflect this change.
FTSE GEIS coverage and modularity
Source: FTSE Russell, data as of March 29, 2019.
For more information please see the FTSE Global Equity Index Series Ground Rules.