FTSE UK Index Series
The FTSE UK Index Series is designed to represent the performance of UK companies, providing
market participants with a comprehensive and complementary set of indexes that measure the performance of
all capital and industry segments of the UK equity market.
- For more information on the complete FTSE UK Index Series, please see our spotlight page FTSE UK Index Series.
- Contact us about licensing FTSE UK Index Series data here.
Headline indexes include:
- FTSE 100 Index (UKX) - comprises the 100 most highly capitalised blue chip companies listed on
London Stock Exchange.
- FTSE 100 Total Return Index - measures the total return of the underlying FTSE 100 index,
combining both capital performance and income (reinvested on the dividend (xd) date). No withholding tax adjustments are made except for dividends paid by Royal Dutch Shell A Shares from which a 15% withholding tax is deducted.
- FTSE 100 Net of Tax Index (UKXNUK) - applies tax adjustments to dividends for the total return index calculation.
- FTSE 250 Index - comprises mid-capitalised companies not covered by the FTSE 100, and represents
approximately 15% of UK market capitalisation.
- FTSE All-Share Index - representing 98-99% of UK market capitalisation, the FTSE All-Share index is the
aggregation of the FTSE 100, FTSE 250 and FTSE Small Cap Indexes.
- FTSE 350 Supersectors Indexes - 18 real-time industry sector indexes derived from companies in the FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 indexes.
Dividend Points Indexes
Represent the cumulative value of ordinary cash dividends declared by the individual constituents of the underlying FTSE 100 Index, calculated on the ex dividend (xd) date and expressed in terms of index points.
- FTSE 100 Declared Dividend Index (F1DIVD) - No withholding tax adjustments are made. The index is rebased to 0 at the start of the trading day following the third Friday in December each year.
- FTSE 100 Dividend Index - RDSA Withholding (F1DIV) - No withholding tax adjustments are made; an exception is made for dividends paid by Royal Dutch Shell A Shares from which a 15% withholding tax is deducted. The index is rebased to 0 at the start of the trading day following the third Friday in December each year.
- FTSE 100 Cumulative Dividend Points Index (UKXCD) - No withholding tax adjustments are made. There is no annual rebase for this index.