FTSE TWSE Taiwan Index Series
The FTSE TWSE Taiwan Index Series is a joint venture between the Taiwan Stock Exchange Corporation (TWSE) and FTSE Group (FTSE) to provide market participants with a range of tools to gain exposure to the Taiwanese market.
The series comprises a range of real-time indexes, which are designed as tools for use in the trading of derivatives, index-tracking funds and exchange traded funds and as performance benchmarks. The family includes:
- FTSE TWSE Taiwan 50 Index - comprising 50 of the most highly capitalised blue-chip stocks and representing nearly 70% of the Taiwanese market. A 30% Capped version of the index is also available.
- FTSE TWSE Taiwan Mid-Cap 100 Index - the next 100 constituents ranked by market capitalisation after the FTSE TWSE Taiwan 50 Index. The index predominantly measures growth sectors and represents nearly 20% of the market.
- FTSE TWSE Taiwan Technology Index - comprises all information technology (IT) stocks from the FTSE TWSE Taiwan 50 and FTSE TWSE Taiwan Mid-Cap 100 indices. The IT sector is the largest and represents nearly 30% of the market.
- FTSE TWSE Taiwan Dividend+ Index - comprises the 30 higher yielding stocks within the FTSE TWSE Taiwan 50 and FTSE Taiwan Mid-Cap 100 indices.
- FTSE TWSE Taiwan Eight Industries Index - represents the performance of eight key industry sectors in the Taiwan stock market.
- FTSE TWSE RAFI Taiwan Index Series - the series selects and weights index constituents using four fundamental factors, rather than market capitalisation.
- FTSE TWSE Taiwan Shariah Index - comprises Shariah-compliant large and mid-cap stocks listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange. Independent screening is carried out by Yasaar Ltd, an organisation with a global
network of expert Shariah scholars.