FTSE Russell, Singapore Press Holdings, and the Singapore Exchange jointly created the FTSE ST Index Series, offering a broader series of indexes for the Singapore market representing various sized companies, sectors and themes, with the Straits Times Index (STI) serving as the main benchmark for Singapore’s stock market. The indexes are suitable for benchmarking purposes and as tools in the creation of financial products such as institutional funds, exchange traded funds (ETFs), derivatives contracts and other index-linked products. The family includes:
- Straits Times Index (STI) - the 30 top eligible companies within the FTSE ST All-Share Index universe. The index is delivered on an intra-second streaming basis.
- FTSE ST All Share Index – representing 98% of Singapore market capitalisation, the FTSE ST All Share index is the aggregation of the FTSE ST Large, Mid and Small Cap indexes.
- FTSE ST Large & Mid Cap Index - comprised of Large & Mid capitalised companies and representing approximately 86% of SG market capitalisation.
- FTSE ST Mid Cap Index - comprised of mid capitalised companies not covered by the FTSE ST Large cap index and represents approximately 18% of SG market capitalisation.
- FTSE ST Small Cap Index - comprised of small capitalised companies not covered by the FTSE ST Large & Mid cap index and represents approximately 12% of SG market capitalisation.
- FTSE ST Singapore Shariah Index - comprised of the constituents of the FTSE ST All Share Index that are Shariah compliant according to the Yasaar screening methodology.