EMEA Fixed Income Indexes
FTSE Russell offers a range of indexes that measure the performance of European, Middle Eastern and African
(EMEA) fixed income securities including government, government-sponsored, collateralized, and corporate
debt. Broadly-focused indexes that span the entire EMEA region and measure both investment-grade and
high-yield bonds are available, as are indexes more narrowly focused on specific countries and/or sectors.
- The FTSE Pan-European Broad Investment-Grade Bond Index (PEUBIG) tracks government, government-sponsored, collateralized, and corporate bonds, denominated in Euro (EUR), Swiss Franc (CHF) and UK Sterling (GBP).
- The FTSE UK Broad Investment-Grade Bond Index (UKBIG) tracks government, government-sponsored, collateralized, and corporate bonds, denominated in UK Sterling (GBP), irrespective of market of issue. The index forms the sterling sub-index within the FTSE Pan-European Broad Investment-Grade Bond Index. The related FTSE UK Domestic Investment-Grade Bond Index (UKDIGBI) captures the same investment choice set as the UKBIG, but with a lower minimum amount outstanding threshold, for a deeper view of the domestic market.
FTSE Euro Broad Investment-Grade
Bond Index (EuroBIG®)
- The index is a multi-asset benchmark for investment-grade, Eurodenominated,
fixed income bonds. It includes government, governmentsponsored,
collateralized and corporate debt.
FTSE EMU Government Bond Index (EGBI)
- The index measures the performance of fixed-rate, local currency,
investment-grade sovereign bonds. It consists of the European Monetary Union
(EMU) participating countries that meet specific criteria for market size, credit quality, and barriers-to-entry.
FTSE Pan-European High-Yield Bond Index
- The index comprises cash-pay, zero-to-full (ZTF), pay-in-kind (PIK) and step coupon bonds and measures the performance of high-yield corporate debt denominated in Euro, Swiss Franc, and UK Sterling. To facilitate modular sub-asset class analysis and performance tracking, indexes by currency denomination are available and include the FTSE Euro High-Yield Bond Index and the FTSE Sterling High-Yield Bond Index. The index is part of the broader FTSE High-Yield Bond Index Series.
FTSE Central and Eastern Europe,
Middle East, and Africa Government
Bond Index (CEEMEAGBI)
- The index comprises government bonds from seven CEEMEA markets,
denominated in local currencies and provides a broad benchmark to measure
sovereign CEEMEA markets.
FTSE Middle East and North Africa
Broad Bond Index (MENABBI)
- The index measures the performance of both investment-grade and highyield
US dollar denominated debt issued by governments, agencies, and
corporations domiciled in the Middle East and North Africa.
FTSE Nigerian Government Bond Index
- The FTSE Nigerian Government Bond Index measures the performance of fixed-rate, local-currency Nigerian government bonds.
FTSE Saudi Arabian Government Bond Index (SAGBI)
- The FTSE Saudi Arabian Government Bond Index (SAGBI) measures the performance of fixed-rate, local-currency Saudi Arabian government bonds.
- A broad-based, comprehensive family of indexes designed to measure
the performance of eligible British Government securities, covering the
conventional gilt and index-linked gilt markets.
- A series of indexes that measure the performance of the largest and most
widely-traded securities in the eurobond market. Data underlying the
indexes is drawn from real-time tradable prices on MTS, the first and leading
electronic marketplace for cash bond trading across Europe.
- FTSE Russell and the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) have developed a long-standing partnership that combines FTSE Russell’s world-class multi-asset capabilities with the regional expertise of the JSE in Africa. A diverse range of FTSE/JSE equity and fixed income indexes designed to represent the perspective of both domestic and international investors are the result of this collaboration.