FTSE Blossom Japan Index
The FTSE Blossom Japan Index is designed to measure the performance of Japanese companies that demonstrate strong Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) practices. The index is constructed so that industry weights align with the Japanese equity market and uses the globally established FTSE4Good Index Inclusion Rules which are drawn from existing international standards including the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
The FTSE Blossom Japan Index:
- • Facilitates ESG integration into passive investment strategies.
- • Provides a performance benchmark and tool for the creation of index-tracking investments, financial instruments or fund products focused on sustainable investment.
- • Is designed to follow industry weights of FTSE Japan Index to give a closer reflection of the Japanese equities market and to reduce tracking error.
- • Includes companies meeting clear and transparent standards with respect to environmental, social and governance practices.
- • Provides an established reference as a transparent and evolving global ESG standard which market participants can use for stewardship and corporate engagement.