APAC Fixed Income Indexes
FTSE Russell offers a variety of fixed income indexes designed to measure the performance of the Asia Pacific
region’s bond markets across various asset classes and currencies (local and USD). Also included are indexes
focused on measuring the performance of the Chinese offshore and onshore bond markets.
FTSE Asian Government Bond Index
- Designed to measure the performance of Asian government bonds, the
index provides a broad benchmark for the Asian sovereign debt market. Rules
and methodologies employed are consistent with those of the FTSE World
Government Bond Index (WGBI), enabling performance comparisons across
sovereign debt markets.
FTSE Asian Broad Bond Index (ABBI)
- The index measures the performance of both investment-grade and high
yield US dollar-denominated debt issued by governments, agencies, and
corporations domiciled in Asia (excluding Japan).
FTSE Chinese (Onshore CNY) Green
- Designed to provide comprehensive coverage of China’s green bond market,
with sub-indexes that segment the market by local vs. internationallyrecognized
definitions of green as well as by market trading access routes,
ensuring relevance for both domestic and international investors.
FTSE Chinese (Onshore CNY)
Broad Bond Index (CNYBBI)
- The index measures the performance of the onshore Chinese yuan denominated
fixed-rate debt issued by the government, agencies, and
corporations in mainland China. An Interbank version of the index is also available for investors looking to establish their exposure to Chinese
onshore bonds through either CIBM direct access or the Bond Connect
program. The index measures the performance of a subset of bonds from
the Chinese (Onshore CNY) Broad Bond Index and includes bonds that are
traded on the China Interbank Bond Market (CIBM).
FTSE Chinese Government and Policy
Bank Bond Index (CNGPBI)
- The index measures the performance of Yuan-denominated fixed-rate
government bonds and policy bank bonds issued in mainland China.
The eligible Chinese policy bank bonds are those issued by the China
Development Bank, the Agricultural Development Bank of China, and the
Export-Import Bank of China.
FTSE Dim Sum (Offshore CNY)
- The index measures the performance of RMB-denominated “Dim Sum” bonds
issued and settled outside mainland China. It includes fixed-rate securities
issued by governments, agencies, supranationals, and corporations.
FTSE Vietnamese Government Bond Index (VNGBI)
- The FTSE Vietnamese Government Bond Index (VNGBI) measures the performance of fixed-rate, local-currency Vietnamese government bonds.
- Launched in partnership with the State Bank of India, the index is
denominated in INR and tracks the domestic Indian government bond
market. It is complemented by a series of maturity sub-indexes.