MONTHLY REPORTS - SEPTEMBER 2023
Performance Insights is available in four versions, accessible from the links above.
Stock and credit rallies fade in August as ‘higher-for-longer’ rate worries return
Good economic news (especially in the US) became bad news for global stocks and bonds, as investors recalibrated expectations for ‘higher-for-longer’ interest rates. Last month’s rally winners, notably small-cap and emerging-market stocks, were the biggest laggards. Energy, health care and telecoms held up best in most markets, while real estate and other defensives suffered most.
- Global Asset Classes – Sentiment sours in August
- Global Equities – US and Japan fare best; US small caps and EM rallies falter
- Industry returns – Energy stocks buck the trend
- Alternative Indices – Broad underperformance
- Factor performance – Low Volatility protects
- Foreign Exchange – US dollar regains footing
This report provides actionable insights on global performance across asset classes, regions, currencies, industries, and styles, using proprietary month-end data from our flagship index families. You can register to receive it as soon as it’s published, along with other reports in the series, from the link below.
For past editions of these reports, please visit our research library.